Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Berkshire Hathaway Office - First Floor Time

32 East Genesee Street

This is the view from the front desk, where I sat to do floor time yesterday.  The front door was open, and while it was a bit noisy, the air felt phenomenal. Intrepid Janet and Sarah (Facebook) Cole stopped in to visit and gave the office enthusiastic thumbs up. No clock is necessary...we have the M&T clock to watch.  In the upper right-hand corner of the shelving is the listing for the Purple Monkey.






The view from the deck is amazing.  We don't have chairs yet, but will soon.  Heavy, wrought iron chairs so when the wind swirls around they will stay in place.  Sun comes in all day long because it's southern exposure.  I remember from my Gallinger days that you can watch the moon cross the night sky.  When you walk out onto the pier, look back: the building is light yellow and and you can see the deck clearly.  Walk through town and if I'm in the office I'll give you a tour.


The first floor time was a bit on the quiet side.  The computer guy was there installing the large screen monitor in the conference room.  Another man assembled file cabinets.  The nice thing about an office this size - 1200sf or so? - is that everything must have a place and be in that place.  Kind of like our camp...nothing extra...just what is needed.  And because everything is exposed it must be neatly placed as well.  Nautical, is the term we always use.

I'll take more photos as the days go by.  It was extraordinarily bright in there - all windows across the rear - so I was having trouble with my camera settings.  At one point Janet remarked how cool it was.  I checked the temperature outside - 87 degrees!  But with the front and rear doors wide open the breeze came through and naturally cooled the space.  Janet said, and I agree, there is nothing like the breeze from a lake.  And especially Skaneateles Lake.

No comments: