Sunday, May 8, 2016

Skaneateles Real Estate - The First Berkshire Hathaway Update

Ah, filled with "firsts."  This is the first update with the new (for me) company, going into the new office space at 32 East Genesee Street in the Village, and I used the new MLS system that the Greater Syracuse Association of Realtors has adopted.  I am not good with change, but if I have to do it I throw myself into it - but usually at the very last moment.  I tried the system a while ago and found I could do it, if need be, but the old was so easy.  Today I chose to write the update using the statistics I found on the new Matrix system.  It took a while longer...like half an hour longer...but it was a very helpful exercise.  I knew what the numbers should look like, and when they were off I was able to self-correct.

There are currently 66 active listings of single family homes in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 25 are in the Village and 10 are considered waterfront.  (I found I can break out the ones that have lake rights with the new system - very helpful!)  Since the last time I wrote an update on April 19th, there have been overall 10 new listings, two of which are re-lists.  We are still low on inventory...and with supply and demand the prices rise.  I'll do some stats about this at a later date.

In the under contract category there are 29 homes waiting to close.  Five new ones have come under contract.  The number closed for the year has risen to 37; 6 have closed in the past 19 days.  By this time last year 35 had closed. In 2014, only 21 properties had closed!

Since I have your attention, I am going to ask for your help, too.  I need a rental for a family returning to the area for the summer.  They will live in a house and show it while it's on the market, or caretake it, doing the yard work and general maintenance in return for a bit off the rent.  Or just rent it.  That is challenge number one, and it must be in or close to the Village.  Challenge #2 is the search for a home under $200,000 in the general area of Spafford ideally, but anywhere from Owasco to 10 or so miles down the east side of the lake.  In both cases we've exhausted what is listed.  So if you can help - please do!  My cell is 315-447-0441..and you have my many thanks!

Have a wonderful day - mothers, fathers, daughters and sons!


No comments: