Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Skaneateles Real Estate - The First Floor Time Update

One of the things I like about Berkshire Hathaway's new office in the Village is floor time.  I had it at Gallinger when I started and it grew my business rapidly.  One-third of all my sales in the first couple years came from floor time....another third was from WelchAllyn and the last came from open houses and friends. But as a new agent, that floor time was invaluable.   I remember the people coming through that first fall so vividly!  Floor time is simply time dedicated each week to time spent in the office as The Agent.  Phone calls and walk-ins go directly to The Agent, unless of course the potential buyer/seller is looking for a specific agent or property already listed by Berkshire Hathaway.

My time today is 1:00 to 5:00.  Saturday I will be there from 10:00 to 2:00.  Please stop in!

To prepare for floor time and answering questions about the area, I decided it would be helpful to write an update.  I always love quoting the number of sales, the listings, the breakdown in categories.  I write the update as much for me as for you.  I know other agents take advantage of it too!

Currently there are 71 listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 27 are in the Village and 16 are considered waterfront.  The latter is an increase of 6 properties in the past 16 days....Memorial Day is this weekend, after all.  (Plus the weather decided to go from winter to summer this week.)  Thirteen of these listings are new, with only two being re-lists.  Four of them are priced over a million dollars.  Seven are waterfront, while only three are in the Village, a new development away from past trends, certainly because of the approach of summer.  The median price is $569,000....a huge jump since it has been hovering around $300,000 for the past couple years.

In the under contract category, 28 single family properties are waiting to close.  Three are new additions to this list since the last update on May 8th.

Hooray!  We now have 41 sold and closed homes for the year.  This is exactly the same number as last year at this time!  And remember, last year there were a record number of closings....129.  We are on track for another record-breaking year!  That also means I will be writing "The Second Twenty" sometime soon.

So once again, please stop by at 32 East Genesee Street and say hello.  The office is bright but cool, the deck overlooks the lake, and hopefully the phones are now working despite the Verizon strike.  If you want to reach me, please text or call my cell: 315-447-0441.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!


No comments: