Monday, May 28, 2007

Busy

This past Memorial Day weekend was the busiest time I think I have ever had. I started out at 8:00 (or before!) every day and returned home every night late (10:30 once). And every minute was dedicated to real estate.

What brought this on? The market is hot now in the Finger Lakes. I'm not alone. Every agent I spoke with seemed highly incredulous, and several mentioned that they were extremely busy without my saying anything myself.

Over the weekend I had one multiple offer, several showings - some were return visits to homes - and two listing appointments. I wrote one offer that was accepted, another that lost in the multiple offer, and I am expecting a third offer to come as a result of the weekend, if not a fourth, this week.

People literally walked in off the street, which happens a great deal in Skaneateles. We have such a lovely town that when people visit they want to know if it's possible to live here. Some complain about the high prices ("$600,000 for that small place?"), some are unused to New York State taxes, but it seems as if all are curious. We ran out of free brochures by Saturday night.

So when the nation is having a slowdown in real estate, we are not. Our lake prices compared to the rest of the country are very good, our homes in this unique village are not outrageously priced.

Our Realtors, however, are tired!

No comments: