Sunday, May 3, 2015

Open House Alert! 4625 Phillips Road

Sunday, May 3rd - 1:00 to 3:00



I am showing you the back of the house so you can see the door with the little awning over it.  This is the door in what I would consider the back bedroom, even though it has no closet.  When I asked the owners about it - a bit odd, I thought - they reminded me that the house was at one point reputed to be a tavern during Prohibition days.  And a tavern then needed a back door for quick exits.

We laughed and left it there, but recently Intrepid Janet saw the home and became intrigued by its history. She googled it and came up with a fascinating article about the area, and specifically a "Speakeasy in the Falls," later identified as being on Phillips Street (but most likely Phillips Road.)

The link is http://redroosterpub.net/index_files/Page459.htm.  I just tried the link from here and it didn't work (permission denied?), but certainly you could find it another way.

Or really a better way is to come to the open house today!  I have several copies of that article by Charlie Major that I can personally give you!  At the same time you can see the home, walk out the back door even!

The price is $89,500....I am offering an incentive of a $50 gift card to the Red Rooster just around the corner, if you enter into a contract to purchase the home by May 10th.  Think: 3-bedrooms (at least) first floor bed/bath, public water and natural gas, J-E Schools, and Skaneateles Creek just across the street.
Plus privacy...only two more houses on the no-outlet road.

Come sit on the front porch and listen to the creek, or walk up the half acre lot and see this exterior back view of the home.  Now, without snow!

If you miss the open today, it is easy to come by another day....just give me a call a (315) 447-0441.

Thank you, Janet, for doing this research!  And stay tuned....I will tell you in the next week or so more about the history of the Falls.

As always...when you do come, tell me you saw this blog post...I absolutely love it when you do!


No comments: