Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Floor Plans - Check this out!





These are floor plans for 4605 Limeledge Road in Marcellus, ML#327491.  Blogspot which hosts this blog didn't like my pdf files, but wanted an image....so I pulled out my trusty cell and took photos, but they weren't very good.  I resorted to my camera and these are better, but not perfect.  You will just have to come to my open house on Sunday to see the real things!  And the house!



A while ago Jerry Morrissey of another agency in Skaneateles started doing floor plans with his listings. They were - and are - very interesting.  I asked him about it and he said sellers really liked them.  I couldn't imagine doing them, but he said someone else did the actual measurements and converted them into the plans.  I like what I do that's different - post cards, this blog, my communication - and felt it was an add-on I could live without.

While I was opening a house for a friend/buyer/client so her new home could have new carpets as quickly as possible after closing, the man who measured showed me how easily the measurements were done and how the layout was transposed into a floor plan.  It really was neat - and fast!

I prevailed on the sellers of Limeledge to let me give it a try at my expense.  They are always interested in new ways to market, so they agreed.  Unfortunately the roll-out of these floor plans was not as smooth as I would have liked.  The carpet measurements are vastly different from creating an actual floor plan with windows and utility rooms and such.  There were mistakes, and they prevailed on me to add the garage and deck because both are excellent features of the home.  I took measurements myself, Jason at our Skaneateles office produced a method of adding to the original floor plans, and we were slooooooowly in business.

I will include floor plans in the future for the majority of my new listings.  Some houses won't lend themselves to it (I think of my nephew's house that measure 640sf and sold the first day) and other sellers may not want it done.  But I like them enough to try them for a year or so.  Monitor and adjust - that's what it's all about!







No comments: