Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Election Day Update

I often wonder why I can't seem to get a blog written.  I've been busy - so very busy - with sales and then the resultant closings.  Nothing is easy these days.  Rules and regs have become more stringent and everyone is taking great care to "get it done right this time."

Phones keep ringing, texts continue to come.   I have started this blog several times - but I see a half hour without interruption!

There are currently (still) only 55 active single family listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 12 are in the Village and 18 are considered waterfront.  That number has been consistent for a while.  Looking at the school district rather than the town, there are 66 active listings.  The median asking price of the Town listings is $405,000....much higher than it has been in the past.  Supply and demand, as always.

There are 13 properties under contract in the Town.  A few weeks ago there were 22, but I didn't get around to writing the blog to tell you that!

The absolute good news?  There are 82 sold and closed properties so far this year.  The blog that didn't get written showed only 71, and that was three weeks ago.  I thought we are on to another banner year, despite the low inventory.  But I checked it against last year at this time and found we are 25 home sales behind.  We won't make it spectacular, but we will have a good showing.  And I can't wait to see what the prices look like when compared to previous years.

To that end, I owe you the Third and Fourth Twenty sales.  The final analysis will come in January.

Election day feels like a new beginning.







No comments: