Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kenya

One of my clients is in Kenya. He is in the service and was sent over there for an 18 month stint. Before he left he bought a lovely waterfront home so when he returned he could rest and relax there and start a new life. He bought it also so he could visualize it over there - all that cool lake water!


Over the past year he has e-mailed pictures of his adventures: lions, tigers and hippos. Brilliant sunshine flooding down on him and his friends.


At Christmas I got a great postcard - more lions! Must say it was unique!


And now there are the election troubles over there. He e-mailed a week or so ago to tell everyone not to worry, that he was fine. He suggested we go to the BBC for the best coverage.


I heard that there are refugees pouring over the border to Uganda. Another client and her family live there, working for the UN. She also bought waterfront property here so she would have a place to come to should she need to leave the country hurriedly. She returns in the summer each year to visit family, but wanted the certainty of a year-round home.


As I sit here in my nice secure office I can't clearly imagine their lives over there. I wish them well and a safe return.

No comments: