Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Difficulty with Blogging

"I love blogging!" I said when I first started. The richness of it all, the chance to write and be read, the immediacy of the knowledge pouring out without having to be approved. Just as with real estate, nothing was holding me back!

And I still do love blogging, but my life is more than real estate and I am involved in so much on such varying levels. I try to bring it all back to real estate and Skaneateles, but invariably I am stuck and never quite get to the computer to put it all down.

For example, today I received a call from a friend/client who is buying a lovely home here in the village. She is thrilled, and while she doesn't have to worry about mortgages her financial advisors worry for her. The rates are so low (5.3%!) they are saying re-finance, get into real estate, the deals are there. She would and is, but real estate can be taxing, no pun intended! It's easier to fall in love with a home than a stock, and that means emotional involvement and when you sell or must move on it's much more difficult. Easier to push a few bouttons on a screen and increase or decrease your portfolio.

So there - I did it! The market that I've been following the past few days has now coincided with real estate in Skaneateles. I also finished my work enough to have a few minutes to write before Law & Order comes on. Hooray!

No comments: