Monday, May 22, 2017

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Late Winter Early Summer Update



I always liked this picture of Otisco Lake.  It belongs with the listing I've had for Causeway Road over the years.  Causeway Road is going to close so by way of saying good-bye I thought I would open with this.

There are currently 50 listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 8 are in the Village and 10 are considered waterfront.  They range in price from $50,000 to 4.3 million.....  Six are over one million and there are 6 listings under $200,000.  The median price is $370,000 overall, with $390,000 in the Village and 1.4M for waterfront.

Since I last wrote on April 20th there have been 14 new listings, 5 of which are actually re-lists.  I also ran across the fact that 8 of these are already under contract!

In the under contract status, there are 34 listings!  12 are from the Village, and 5 are waterfront.  The overall median is $339,000.  In the Village, however, the median is $429,000!  There were 24 listings placed under contract in the past month.  As I said in my last blog, we were busy!

Twenty-five homes have sold and closed so far this year.  Interestingly, the median price was under $300,000.  Even more interesting, the five new closures were all between $200,000 and $300,000.

In the past month the ten year anniversary of this blog went flying by.  Every day I would list the blog's anniversary post on my "to do" list, and every day it would be postponed.  Today I was determined to get a blog in.....and was foiled for a few hours by my new computer.  I love it, but I had grown accustomed to just finding my blog on it and going right in to write.  This time it took me to another page and frustration!  But I actually figured it out (after a bit of whining)..............

So please enjoy the blog as I have enjoyed writing it all these years.  We've both come a long way!











No comments: