Monday, May 29, 2017

A Holiday from Real Estate

It's Memorial Day.  We walked Boss this morning in the misty rain and strong winds, then I settled into looking at new listings in the areas I follow.  There were 8.  That done, I started a wash, Bob went off to see a house that needs painting, and in the afternoon I plan to take Boss to Seneca Lake for a good walk in sunshine!   (I saw on my phone that it's expected to be there about 2:00 pm).

So it's time for a holiday.  Recently Bob has been on a roll with his choices for movies that we see through Netflix or Amazon on nights when we have no other plans.  If I choose, they are generally awful.  I fall asleep and he is left watching.  The past six times I have not only stayed awake, but felt totally encompassed by them.  Yes, there have been tears - but also laughter, and suspense.  I recommend these to you on a rainy Memorial Day!

Founder.  Michael Keaton as the founder of MacDonald's....what a great story!  I had no idea!

Hidden Figures.  We all "know" women can't do math....haha!  This is a great story of how - not so very long ago - women, especially women of color - were not allowed to be smart.  Thank goodness for their pursuit, and the people who believed in them!  Love the actresses, too!

The Prestige.  An older film (as in not recent - 2008?) about magicians and magic.  Hugh Jackman - how can it miss when he's not Wolverining?  Suspense, a period piece, and a mostly satisfying ending.

St. Ralph.  One of those grand stories that inspire me to get up the next day and do the impossible.

A Streetcat Named Bob.  My Bob had been waiting to see this, knowing that one day he would be able to talk me into taking a chance on it.  Such a good movie!  Probably my favorite of all these...have your handkerchief ready, please.  But worth it.

Bernie Madoff - the HBO film with Robert DeNiro.  Also Michelle Pfeiffer - she always looks gorgeous!  We love anything DeNiro, so it was an easy fit.  Expertly written, I think.  You think you know the story, but seeing it play out was riveting for me.


So thank you, Bob!  No pressure here on your next choice!

No comments: