Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Skaneateles Real Estate - The Fall Update

"When the frost is on the pumpkins..."  Actually, I just looked it up and it's "punkin" - a poem by James Whitcomb Riley.  Anyway, it's frosty out there even though on Sunday, driving to my open house on Clover Road, I had the top down on the Fiat.  Any day we can take from the winter months is glorious....

There are currently only 72 single family home listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service. Of these, 24 (a huge proportion) are in the Village and only 7 (a small proportion) are considered waterfront. Only five new houses have come on the market in the past month, and four were re-listed.  I know when I open my hotsheet daily I see the November-type listings...almost twice as many reductions in price as new listings.

There are, however, 32 properties waiting to close.  Seven new ones have joined the list, of which 4 are Village homes.  None are waterfront...it's been that kind of year.

And now the fun number: 109 single family homes have sold this year so far.  Amazing!  In the past month five closed in the Village, 3 were waterfront, and one was a simple town property.  I am sure everyone is inspired by the possibility of rates going up - almost 4% now - and of course our lovely Village and lake.


No comments: