Saturday, November 1, 2014

Skaneateles Real Estate Update - The Fast Fall Version

This covers September 16th through October 24th.  I do the research and write out the information that I want to convey, and then usually write the blog.  Some weeks - like this past one - were horrendously difficult.  I had three sales that took a long time coming were actually finalized.  Hooray!  I had two other deals fall apart - not so hooray - for varying reasons (home inspection and financing - ugh!) that could not be fixed, despite efforts.  I also got two more listings that will appear shortly, if all goes well.  Add to that doctors' appointments (annual), a trip to Ithaca to straighten out my ever-slowing metabolism, and Bob completely renovating my bathroom and it was too much!  This weekend will be about catching up and taking back control.  Phew!

Quickly, before my new cat, Louie, decides he must publish this by walking over the keyboard...

There are 103 active listings in the Skaneateles area of the multiple listing service.  Of these, 24 are in the Village and 19 are waterfront.  Ten of these listings - just about 10% - are above one million.

Twenty-two new listings came on the market during this five week span.  Seven were in the Village and 2 were waterfront.  We now have 79 sold properties for the year.  Seventeen were closed during this time, of which 7 were Village and 4 were waterfront homes.  Three were over a million.

The last update was named "fast finish..." I think we are getting there rapidly.

No comments: