Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Winter's Tale

I opened my e-mail this very snowy, frigidly cold morning and found a comment to my blog from "Anonymous." I won't repeat it here - it should show up on The Reserve blog entry soon, but it was fun and mysterious.

I sent it off to friends - who is this? - and made some guesses myself. Mid-day I thought I had it, so I stopped in to Bijou behind Bella Blue in the village and Kim 'fessed up. She said she had found my blog by reading Robin's Bella Blue website...still with me?

I went from there with our dear Karen's help to discover www.skaneatelestalk.com, a local and new website and blog. Turns out Christine has been reading my blog all along. Hers is much more sophisticated - pictures galore, and has marvelous information. Her company, Skaneateles Design, has added a CNY Business Blog.

I spent the afternoon writing cards to all my clients and friends who have bought homes this past year. The STAR tax application deadline for towns is March 1st and while we talk about it at closing it can sometimes get lost in the mix. Missing the deadline means missing the opportunity to lower your taxes - not a good thing! I bring this up because some of the cards I sent out came from Chestnut Cottage and were old scenes of Skaneateles. There's so much history here, so much scenery!

To chronicle it all is the key. From the old photos that Mr. Trabold kept in his garage, to the new postings on Skaneateles Talk - it can now be preserved.

1 comment:

Bijou salon said...

Hi there, here is the bijou blog:)