Thursday, January 7, 2016

Changes to the Url

So....right before the New Year, our wonderful broker, Martin Carpenter (aka Realtor of the Year for New York State!) informed me that all these years I have used an "illegal" blog address!

I remember the day in 2007 I started the blog....Karen, who was our receptionist and all-around marketing whiz, and I invented it.  I wanted to keep it simple - simply relate through a "web log" my experiences as a Realtor.  And "sell" people - buyers - on Skaneateles, and all that the Village, Town and Lake have to offer. What could be simpler than Skaneateles Realtor!  Made all the sense in the world to us!

Ah, but there were rules I didn't know about (and I do know that ignorance is no excuse....)  The noun Realtor must never be modified, it turns out.  Can't be....And after all this time it was noted to Martin that I had done so in my blog.

We met Tuesday at the office and I made the change.  All praise to blogspot for making it so easy - It is now http://SkaneatelesRealEstateNews.blogspot.com.  But you already know that because you found it!

This makes sense too.  The blog has moved to the more general in the past few years.  I do the updates about sales in the area, talk about trends and compare and contrast with other years.  It's less about me.  As really it should be.

I'll change my cards and my signatures on my e-mails.....always MBrooks@remax.net will reach me.  Sarah, who takes care of all my social media got to work early yesterday on changes to all her websites....thank you, Sarah!  Could never do this without you!  Also a grateful word goes out to Jason in our Skaneateles office and Ashley in Fayetteville....they'll keep me on the straight and narrow.  And of course to Martin, who understood and was able to instill calm in me in the face of what could have been utter chaos!

I just don't want to lose my readers, you who have been with me from the start or who have found me through the blog when moving here.  I've made new friends through this blog...I don't want to lose that opportunity.

So please pass on to others the new name...the more consistent name, as it turns out.  Crisis is always opportunity!  And thank you for reading!

No comments: