Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Upcoming Event - Wednesday, March 11th



Last December I went to the pre-Christmas sale at the Methodist Church in the Village.   I was looking for mittens for Liam - there's a woman who makes the prettiest felted mittens out of old sweaters!  I found her, bought a pair, and then ran into David Figura from the Post-Standard. He was selling his book, So What Are the Guys Doing?, and we had a chance to talk.

The book interested me because I was in the age group for whom it was written, and had similar concerns.  I was also coming out of the questioning period and into full enjoyment of my age and what it offers.  When he told me there would be panel discussions I told him about my rather radical career change into real estate.  I also volunteered to be on a panel.

I left it there, bought a book and he signed it, gave it to Bob for Christmas...  but about a month ago David called and invited me to be on the Career Change panel.  I love it!

Tomorrow evening - as you see above - I will join others for a discussion.  I am really looking forward to this.  Bob asked me yesterday if I was nervous, and I said no.  Besides trying to figure out what to wear - something I am very much not good at doing - I am simply excited. Usually when I am presenting - as in the old charter school days - a couple days ahead I wonder what possessed me to agree to talk.  But not now.  Real estate is what I love to do, and as a panel member I can be quiet and listen, contributing that way also.

I asked a few friends to come for moral support, but I only know that Bob will come for certain.  If you are anywhere near Auburn tomorrow night, please stop in.   


No comments: