Monday, August 20, 2007

Fall is in the Air!

It's chilly outside, relatively so. We've had a wonderful summer, filled with warm days and nights, an occasional storm or two, rainbows and gorgeous sunsets. Homes have been flying despite the dire warnings. Rates are still low, people are still looking, and life is generally Good.

Last night we had the first fire of the season at camp. The smell of burning wood was intoxicating. We needed it for warmth, not just ambiance. And the insulation placed in there when we renovated seems to work quite well - "warm as toast," came to mind.

I say "camp," but it's really a lakehouse or beachhouse. Wide open with the beams showing high above. There are no cross beams for support - the roof was engineered to not need them, and with the newly painted walls the effect is quite stunning.

I've seen two other camps - real camps - which make our lakehouse not a camp in the true Finger Lakes sense of the word. Two more blogs for the future.

But for now this will stand as another beginning. I've been embarrassed - friends have told me they read my blog but it's been a month since I've written. I apologize! The days have been long and blogging is so personal, so much fun, that I feel as if it's too selfish to do when there's either real estate to be managed or houses and people who require my attention.

But the reflection is necessary....and having this space to do it is wonderful!

No comments: